Sunday, November 4, 2012

Take Only PB&J, Leave Only PB&J

Airlines no longer provide meals with your ticket. So when I go on a plane, I bring (natural) peanut butter & jelly sandwiches (topped with fresh fruit, coconut and cinnamon) along for the ride. When I arrive at my destination, I buy (natural) peanut butter, fruit conserves (less sweet than jelly), sprouted grain bread and toppings so I have the ingredients for a healthful PB&J while visiting. Before I depart for my return trip home, I make PB&J sandwiches for the plane ride back and the peanut butter, fruit conserves and sprouted grain bread I did not eat while visiting are left behind. To paraphrase the idiom used by our national parks (Take only memories, leave only footprints), I always say:

Take only PB&J; leave only PB&J.


No comments:

Post a Comment