Sunday, September 6, 2009

Bad to the Bone: A Foray into Show Business

In 1982. I was working at 175 Fifth Avenue, The Flatiron Building in NY. One day as I passed the Pappermint Lounge on my way to the office, I saw a posting on the door that said George Thorogood and the Destoyers' video was to be filmed there Friday at noon. Be in a video for lunch. Friday arrived and I went, dressing specifically for the occasion.


Only kidding.


The live portions of this video were filmed in the Peppermint Lounge. There were a whole bunch of Gen MTVers there on their respective lunch hours. I bought a sandwich and, at certain times during the filming, snuck bites of it until I was finished. It was, after all, lunch time.


Still kidding.


Here is the video for George Thorogood and the Destroyers' bad to the Bone. See me at 2:35 but don't sneeze. Suffice it to say the appearance did not get me a SAG card or I wouldn't be here with you today.






2 comments:

  1. I was there too. If you look quick you can see my profile in the beginning. I'm behind a dark-haired girl. I think I was looking for a beer. My friend Marianne who invited me got a cameo. Well I still don't love that song. But it fun to be there. Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't have any beer; I had to go back to work. 8(

    ReplyDelete