Saturday, March 7, 2009

My Facebook Cheerleader Dis

Whatever the reason (my nerdiness or their snobbishness) I was never approached in a friendly manner by any cheerleader in any school that I have attended. They just paid me no mind. I find it fascinating that this dis continues through the Facebook years.



I found this picture of my 5th grade teacher and her team of cheerleaders on Facebook. It had been so long since I had seen her I commented on the photo - the first to write a comment for this particular photo - asking:

Is that Miss Kendall?

For a month I received notifications that cheerleaders in the picture were commenting on the picture but not one of them answered my question. Finally, in the seventh comment, a non-cheerleading male answered in the affirmative.

And life goes on.

-----

For an interesting story about Miss Kendall, see Miss Kendall.


No comments:

Post a Comment